Re: Writting flash.

To: Carsten Langgaard <carstenl@mips.com>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Writting flash.
From: Nicu Popovici <octavp@isratech.ro>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 21:41:17 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hello Carsten,

I folowed the ATLAS instructions but when I do cat flashimage > /dev/lp0 it get
stucked at the first write . I will send you what message I get when I run
strace
cat flashimage > /dev/lp0.

open("claudiuwright", O_RDONLY|O_LARGEFILE) = 3
fstat(3, {st_mode=S_IFREG|0664, st_size=2479223, ...}) = 0
read(3, "!R\n@1c000000\n>UploadSS\n!E\n000000"..., 512) = 512
write(1, "!R\n@1c000000\n>UploadSS\n!E\n000000"..., 512

Do you have any ideea ?

Please try to give me a clue because in the ATLAS docs says that I have to set
the
parallel prot to Generic text only and I do not know how to do that. Second I
guess
that it stucks from other reasons .

Best Regards,
Nicu