Re: Kernel Oops when booting on DECstation

To: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
Subject: Re: Kernel Oops when booting on DECstation
From: Harald Koerfgen <Harald.Koerfgen@home.ivm.de>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 18:03:00 +0100 (CET)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On 19-Dec-00 Martin Michlmayr wrote:
[Oops on DECstation boot on a /125]

> I compiled a current CVS kernel (as of 2000-Dec-18) and I still get
> the same problem:
>
> KN02-BA V5.7e    (PC: 0xbfc00cbc, SP: 0xa000f404)
> ^C
>>>boot 3/rz2/vmlinux root=/dev/sda1 console=ttyS2
>>> NetBSD/pmax Secondary Boot, Revision 1.0
>>> (root@vlad, Sat Mar  4 14:34:30 EST 2000)
[...]

> The config file used to build the kernel is enclosed below.

Strange, I am not able to reproduce this here on a /133 (KN02-BA V5.7j).
My box boots just fine.

>>boot 3/tftp/vmlinux.r3k console=ttyS2 root=/dev/sda7
1597440+134048+143008
This DECstation is a DS5000/1xx
CPU revision is: 00000230
Primary instruction cache 64kb, linesize 4 bytes
Primary data cache 128kb, linesize 4 bytes
Linux version 2.4.0-test11 (harry@intel) (gcc version egcs-2.91.66 19990314
Determined physical RAM map:
     memory: 03000000 @ 00000000 (usable)
[...]
Freeing unused PROM memory: 124k freed
Freeing unused kernel memory: 60k freed
INIT: version 2.74 booting
Activating swap partitions
hostname: localhost
Checking root filesystems.
[...]

Is anybody else successfully using the NetBSD bootloader with a Linux kernel?

--
Regards,
Harald