Re: FAQ/

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: FAQ/
From: Vince Weaver <weave@eng.umd.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 13:32:12 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Klaus Naumann wrote:

> On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, Ralf Baechle wrote:
>
> > Well, a few Indys were shipped with 3.5" SCSI floptical drives which afaik
> > have 20mb capacity.
>
> Indeed, I even own such a nifty thing. It's pretty cool, with one problem:
> No media ;-) . But it's able to read floppies, I'm altough not sure
> if it will boot.

I've used an SGI personal-Iris 4D/35 which had a real floppy drive.  Of
course, I guess it's questionable whether the docs will ever surface to
port Linux to it.  It had a 36Mhz R3000 processor in it if I recall.

Vince

\  /\  /\  /  Vince Weaver
 \/__\/__\/   weave@eng.umd.edu     http://www.glue.umd.edu/~weave