Little endian.

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Little endian.
From: Nicu Popovici <octavp@isratech.ro>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:04:42 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hello ,

I have the follwing problem. I setup a HardHat distribution on a mips
machine ( an ATLAS board) and everithing runs fine in big-endian mode.
Now I want to run the board inlittle endian mode so I took the
linux/mipsel distribution , I did the same steps as with big-endian
distribution. I run load tftp:/linux/mipsel/vmlinux-el.srec and it works
fine . Then I issue the command go . root=/dev/sda1 ( I do not install
the HardHat again ???? maybe here it is the problem ) I get the
following error.
Freeing prom memory: 1020k freed
Freeing unused kernel memory: 68k freed
Kernel panic: No init found.  Try passing init= option to kernel.
So please tell me where did I go wrong ?

Nicu