latest xfree86

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: latest xfree86
From: Guido Guenther <guido.guenther@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:06:21 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,
AFAIK the folks at xfree86 are about to release a new version of X
quiet soon now. Since this will include the newport driver we ''indy
folks'' should be able to build xfree86 without additional patches from
now on.  Could someone please check this? - it worked for me at last.
How to obtain latest XFree-cvs is described at:
http://sunsite.org.uk/XFree86/cvs/
Xnest is currently not building so you might want to add:
'#define XnestServer NO' to your xc/config/cf/host.def when building
form source(or figure out why the build fails :).

I'll additionally uploaded a precompiled tarball to:
http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/linux-mips/x/test/
You can simply untar it in / and run ldconfig afterwards. I'd be glad if
someone could check out this one too.

Regards,
 -- Guido