latest xfree86

Subject: latest xfree86
From: Guido Guenther <>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:06:21 +0100
AFAIK the folks at xfree86 are about to release a new version of X
quiet soon now. Since this will include the newport driver we ''indy
folks'' should be able to build xfree86 without additional patches from
now on.  Could someone please check this? - it worked for me at last.
How to obtain latest XFree-cvs is described at:
Xnest is currently not building so you might want to add:
'#define XnestServer NO' to your xc/config/cf/host.def when building
form source(or figure out why the build fails :).

I'll additionally uploaded a precompiled tarball to:
You can simply untar it in / and run ldconfig afterwards. I'd be glad if
someone could check out this one too.

 -- Guido