Setup a signal frame.

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Setup a signal frame.
From: Carsten Langgaard <carstenl@mips.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 16:59:07 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
I have a question regarding the setup_frame function in
arch/mips/kernel/signal.c.

If the setup fails we send a SIGSEGV to the current process, but before
doing that we check if signr == SIGSEGV, and if so install the default
handler.
But isn't we sending a SIGSEGV signal, and therefore always should
install the default handler and not check if the original signal was
SIGSEGV ?

In kernel 2.2.12 we always used do_exit(SIGSEGV) if the setup failed,
why has this changed in the 2.4.0 kernel ?

/Carsten

--
_    _ ____  ___   Carsten Langgaard   Mailto:carstenl@mips.com
|\  /|||___)(___   MIPS Denmark        Direct: +45 4486 5527
| \/ |||    ____)  Lautrupvang 4B      Switch: +45 4486 5555
  TECHNOLOGIES     2750 Ballerup       Fax...: +45 4486 5556
                   Denmark             http://www.mips.com