Xwindows/XFree86 in HardHat?

To: "'linux-mips'" <>
Subject: Xwindows/XFree86 in HardHat?
From: Calvine Chew <>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 14:54:19 +0800
Hi folks!

Does HardHat include some form of Xwindows? There are some xwindows
files in the distribution, but I can't fire up xwindows (some files seem to
missing). I did notice that HardHat included only one XF86 server
but if I used that, startx reports a X11TransSocketUNIXConnect errno 146.
Do I need to install the latest XFree86 distribution (4.0.1), or is there
other things I can fiddle with in the config files?

Calvine Chew, Technical Consultant
Technology & Industry Consulting Group (Asia South), SGI.
Inter spem curamque, timores inter et iras, omnem crede diem tibi
diluxisse supremum: grata superveniet quae sperabitur hora.