RE: I'm stuck...

To: "'Klaus Naumann'" <>
Subject: RE: I'm stuck...
From: Calvine Chew <>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 09:20:15 +0800
Cc: "''" <>, "'J. Scott Kasten'" <>
Well, the good news is I've finally gotten my Indy to see my boot server.
When testing outgoing packets by configuring both server and client to the
SGI network, I discovered that my 2nd PCMCIA port, for some reason doesn't
configure any PCMCIA cards properly (same thing happened to my SCSI card,
I thought it was an isolated incident). Switching to the 1st port made
everything work.

Unfortunately tftp isn't working. I have it configured using in.tftpd
wrapped to tcpd, but when the Indy tries to get the bootfile, it says
"TFTP error: File not found (code 1)". The boopd does respond with the
seemingly correct messages but I am not sure if in.tftpd is working
or not. I have bootpd running on standalone (non-inetd) mode because
in.bootpd didn't work too. However I don't have tftpd. *groan*

Have to look into that later...

PS, Scott, I'm not using DHCP, but bootpd. Do I still need to configure
dhcp too? I assume that subnet entry excerpt is from dhcpd.conf?

Calvine Chew, Technical Consultant
Technology & Industry Consulting Group (Asia South), SGI.
Inter spem curamque, timores inter et iras, omnem crede diem tibi
diluxisse supremum: grata superveniet quae sperabitur hora.