RE: I'm stuck...

To: Calvine Chew <>
Subject: RE: I'm stuck...
From: Klaus Naumann <>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 22:30:01 +0100 (CET)
Cc: "''" <>
On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Calvine Chew wrote:

> Hi Klaus...
> I would have installed RedHat 6.2 (like a trueblue SGI-man :-) but
> the boot kernel hits the PC Card Services hang on installation.
> SuSE 6.4 doesn't, hooked up my ethernet/modem and scsi cards beautifully.

It's ok - I was just kiddin' because it's known that I'm not a big fan
of the SuSE distribution for several reasons - but I'm far away from
wanting to start a distro war here. So to make it clear I really was

[snipped verbose message]

Calvine, what I'm asking myself is, if the box actually has connection
to the net. Becuase if you don't get a single packet out on bootp time
then something really is broken. So please try to check in any way if
the box has netconn - does it have an AUI ? Some SGI systems seem
to use that as first ethernet adapter and have problems with it ...

                        HTH, Klaus

Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | ( (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network
Phone / FAX : ++49/177/7862964  | E-Mail: (
PGP Key     :