Re: Indigo2 Kernel Boots!!!

To: Klaus Naumann <spock@mgnet.de>
Subject: Re: Indigo2 Kernel Boots!!!
From: Jesse Dyson <jesse@winston-salem.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:41:26 -0500 (EST)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,
I'm not exactly sure what this means to "link" /dev/console.  Based on the
FAQ (http://foobazco.org/~weslows/Install-HOWTO.html), I shouldn't have to
do the inittab stuff since I am in ser port 1.  I noticed I do not have an
/etc/inittab file in my root fs, but there is a inittabold.  Is there
something with these files I have to fix or do I do an 'ln -s' or
something on the /dev/console and point it to /dev/ttyS0?

Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
Jesse Dyson