Re: Kernel Boot Hard Locks Indigo 2

To: Jesse Dyson <>
Subject: Re: Kernel Boot Hard Locks Indigo 2
From: Ian Chilton <>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 17:17:09 +0000

> However, after the kernel has loaded the machine hard locks.

Where did you get the kernel from?

We have a known issue with the CVS versions of seems that
when you compile a 2.4 kernel with this, it works on the Indy, but
won't boot on the hangs when initialising the serial console.

Compiling the same kernel with egcs-1.1.2 works OK on both the Indy and

You can get known working kernels for the Indy and I2 in:

For 2.2.14, there are separate kernels for the I2 and Indy (the I2 one
has EISA enabled).

For 2.4-test11, the same kernel works on both.

Bye for Now,

                                (o o)
 |  Ian Chilton        (IRC Nick - GadgetMan)     ICQ #: 16007717  |
 |  E-Mail:     Web:  |
 |        Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.         |