Re: MIPS Linux and O2 and/or Octane...

To: Markus Hoff-Holtmanns <>
Subject: Re: MIPS Linux and O2 and/or Octane...
From: Klaus Naumann <>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:34:20 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Markus Hoff-Holtmanns wrote:

> Hi folks!
> There probably already were numerous threads concerning this subject, but
> I'm new and I didn't find anything fitting in the archives. So here is my
> question.
> Anyone who did or tried a Linux port for O2, or contributed anything
> regarding that topic, could you please give me that information again. At
> the moment I try to gather as much info as possible in this regard, as we
> have some O2s running IRIX 6.3 and gathering dust most of the time.

As far as I know only Keith M. Wesolowski and Harald Koerfgen
were trying to get Linux running and also got it to boot into
usermode - the problem is that noone has such a machine.
So if you have a bunch of them which collect dust and want to
get rid of them this is the right place :-)

Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | ( (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network
Phone / FAX : ++49/177/7862964  | E-Mail: (
PGP Key     :