Re: MIPS Linux and O2 and/or Octane...

To: Markus Hoff-Holtmanns <markus@LFM.rwth-aachen.de>
Subject: Re: MIPS Linux and O2 and/or Octane...
From: Klaus Naumann <spock@mgnet.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 19:34:20 +0100 (CET)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Mon, 13 Nov 2000, Markus Hoff-Holtmanns wrote:

> Hi folks!
>
> There probably already were numerous threads concerning this subject, but
> I'm new and I didn't find anything fitting in the archives. So here is my
> question.
>
> Anyone who did or tried a Linux port for O2, or contributed anything
> regarding that topic, could you please give me that information again. At
> the moment I try to gather as much info as possible in this regard, as we
> have some O2s running IRIX 6.3 and gathering dust most of the time.

As far as I know only Keith M. Wesolowski and Harald Koerfgen
were trying to get Linux running and also got it to boot into
usermode - the problem is that noone has such a machine.
So if you have a bunch of them which collect dust and want to
get rid of them this is the right place :-)

                                Klaus

--
Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | (http://www.mgnet.de/) (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network