Re: Can you help me?

Subject: Re: Can you help me?
From: Keith M Wesolowski <>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 07:04:02 -0800
On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 10:20:14AM +0100, wrote:

> AFAIK Onyx is pretty much the same as an Origin, except for the graphics
> hardware. Since Ralf is working on an Origin port, which is in quite a good
> state, I guess, Onyx should be supported, too.
> Without graphics, of course.

You're confusing Onyx with Onyx2.  The Onyx2 is Origin-like and
probably works.  The Onyx is sort of a multiprocessor version of the
Crimson (or, alternately, a graphics-heavy version of a Challenge D).
There were also Power Onyxen, with R8000 CPUs; I can't remember
whether there were r10k versions.

Keith M Wesolowski
University of Nevada
Chemistry Department Systems and Network Administrator