Re: will this work in an Indy?

To: "J. Scott Kasten" <>
Subject: Re: will this work in an Indy?
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:52:59 +0100
On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 12:32:11PM -0400, J. Scott Kasten wrote:
> I suppose then that you have some constructive comments on where that
> fellow should go to ask such questions???  I for one have been answering

Asking the same question over and over again is very anoying - A couple
of people have answered already that ANY SCSI Drive/CD-Rom will do fine
but it doesnt seem to reach the originator.

There have been lists concerning all aspects of SGI Systems
which should be called sgi-managers IIRC.

This list is called "linux-mips" and from my opinion it deals
with the aspects of the Mips Port of Linux. And i dont
think that SCSI questions fall into that category.
As i already said - I am not annoyed by single Off-Topic mails
but repeated questions (read: forwarding of sell advertisements)
is not really something concerning the topic.

> him off line to keep the traffic down because the questions fell into the
> general knowledge category, but newbies have to learn somewhere...

Learn about what ? Asking any Question Anywhere ?

Florian Lohoff                     +49-5201-669912