Re: MIPS kernel!

To: Klaus Naumann <spock@mgnet.de>
Subject: Re: MIPS kernel!
From: Carsten Langgaard <carstenl@mips.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2000 09:29:30 +0100
Cc: Nicu Popovici <octavp@isratech.ro>, Ralf Baechle <ralf@uni-koblenz.de>, Linux/MIPS list <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Klaus Naumann wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Nov 2000, Nicu Popovici wrote:
>
> > I try to compile the linux 2.2.13 and   I got that one from ftp.lineo.com.
> > I also tried to cross compile the linux_2_2 from CVS repository from
> > oss.sgi.com and I managed but that one does not have support for my
> > ATLAS borad and I can not run it on my machine.
>
> Did you also try 2.4 from oss.sgi.com ? If not you should try it,
> because IIRC 2.2 doesn't have ATLAS support but 2.4 has.
> I think I remember seeing a CVS commit which included ATLAS support
> into 2.4 ... correct me if I'm wrong.

The current version in the CVS repository doesn't work yet,.
I have sent Ralf a set of patches that should make it work, but I don't think
he has committed it yet.

--
_    _ ____  ___   Carsten Langgaard   Mailto:carstenl@mips.com
|\  /|||___)(___   MIPS Denmark        Direct: +45 4486 5527
| \/ |||    ____)  Lautrupvang 4B      Switch: +45 4486 5555
  TECHNOLOGIES     2750 Ballerup       Fax...: +45 4486 5556
                   Denmark             http://www.mips.com