Re: MIPS linux

To: Ian Chilton <ian@ichilton.co.uk>
Subject: Re: MIPS linux
From: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 12:03:11 -0800
Cc: pete <pete@blackhammer.com>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Ian Chilton wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > and noticed that you do not recommend using the hardhat distro based on
>
> You can use it, but it is old and broken. It will get you booted into Linux,
> but IIRC you can not even compile a kernel  :(

Sure you can!  I've done it hundreds of times. ;-)
You can even build binutils.  But you can't
build gcc, and any application that depends
on certain subtleties of signal behavior will be
betrayed by the discrepancy between the
HardHat glibc and the 2.2-3-4 kernels.

So I too am eagerly looking forward to
a 6.0 or 7.0 based solution - provided that
the glibc disconnects are fixed as well.

        Kevin K.