Re: Decstation 5000/200

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Re: Decstation 5000/200
From: Thomas Poindessous <poinde_t@epita.fr>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 17:35:53 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 09:37:08PM +0100, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 04:26:53PM +0100, Thomas Poindessous wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have one IBM Decstation 5000/200 (PowerServer).
> > I have minicom it but nothing, no garbage, nada.

First sorry for the wrong description.
It's a digital Decstation 5000/200.

> Are you sure you are not on the wrong serial ?
> Do you have a Framebuffer and Keyboard attached ?

I connect my laplink to serial port #3
The keyboard is unplugged, and I hav test with and without the framebuffer
and the scsi controller. This box has three set of ram but no hard drive,
is it a problem ?

> > Where can I find these errors code ?
>
> They are in the Decstation Hardware Reference Manual
> delivered with the Decstation - I havent got them
> handy right now but probably someone could copy
> them to a digital form and put it into the
> Mips HOWTO.

It would be great.

> > BTW, is there a port for Mips Magnum R4000 (Big endian) ?
>
> Hmm - From memory: yes - But i dont think it'll work out of the box
> as the have been a lot of kernel changes and nobody cared on the
> Mips Magnum Port.

Ok, I will test.

--
Thomas Poindessous