Re: setenv eaddr

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: setenv eaddr
From: Michl Ladislav <xmichl03@stud.fee.vutbr.cz>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:53:19 +0100 (CET)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> The -p option doesn't work for the eaddr variable.

You are right, of course :-) Perhaps you didn't read my post carefully. I
was talking about -f option (as shown in example), which definitely works
on my indy.

> Hey, SGI didn't want it's customers to arbitrarily change serial
> numbers of the machine ...

Hmm, as I already wrote, after kernel crash I was left with incorectly
set eaddr variable and I was unable to boot anything :-< I only set eaddr
to its original value by this pretty simple way. So no arbitrarily change,
but repair to original state.

Regards
Lada.