Re: Decstation 5000/200

To: Thomas Poindessous <poinde_t@epita.fr>
Subject: Re: Decstation 5000/200
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 21:37:08 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, Nov 07, 2000 at 04:26:53PM +0100, Thomas Poindessous wrote:
> Hi,
> I have one IBM Decstation 5000/200 (PowerServer).
> I have minicom it but nothing, no garbage, nada.

Are you sure you are not on the wrong serial ?
Do you have a Framebuffer and Keyboard attached ?

> The little led behind are set like this.
>
> .XXX..XX  (X light, . no light)
>
> After two day of google, I still can't find what are errors code ?

> Where can I find these errors code ?

They are in the Decstation Hardware Reference Manual
delivered with the Decstation - I havent got them
handy right now but probably someone could copy
them to a digital form and put it into the
Mips HOWTO.

> BTW, is there a port for Mips Magnum R4000 (Big endian) ?

Hmm - From memory: yes - But i dont think it'll work out of the box
as the have been a lot of kernel changes and nobody cared on the
Mips Magnum Port.

Flo