Re: More GCC problems

To: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@chem.unr.edu>
Subject: Re: More GCC problems
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 19:27:01 +0100 (MET)
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Keith M Wesolowski wrote:

> I have no idea how to build a static compiler. The approach I took to

 Just add "-static" to CFLAGS in the usual way.

> get my working native 1019 compiler was to cross-build it with the
> same version. Since it was built against glibc 2.2, I simply installed
> both glibc 2.2 and the new native compiler on my system.

 But check the "cross_compile" statement in the gcc's specs file.
Depending on the way of installing a cross-compiled native compiler on the
host machine you may get it right or not -- it should be "0".  I had to
tweak it manually when making an RPM package of gcc-2.95.3 (packages
available from ftp://ftp.ds2.pg.gda.pl/pub/macro).