Compiling libc

Subject: Compiling libc
From: Jordan Crouse <>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:24:40 -0700
This is one for all the libc folks out there..

I am running into some big problems trying to compile libc-001023 as
downloaded from the ftp site just the other day.

Basically, after compiling everything, I start to verify my build and I
get the following whilst in the /iconv directory (actually, I get it all
over the place):

mips_41xx_le-gcc -nostdlib -nostartfiles -o iconv_prog
../csu/crt1.o ../csu/crti.o `mips_41xx_le-gcc
--print-file-name=crtbegin.o` iconv_prog.o
../ ../libc_nonshared.a -lgcc `mips_41xx_le-gcc
--print-file-name=crtend.o` ../csu/crtn.o
../ undefined reference to `__pthread_initialize_minimal'

This is driving me up the wall and down the other side since it is
obvious that the linuxthreads directory is part of the rpath, and I know
that all of the pthreads libraries are compiled, so I can't find a
single reason why it doesn't work.

A little background for you...  mips_41xx_le is actually the
mipsel-linux compiler under a different name (from the MontaVista CDK).
I invoked my configure script as such:

./configure --enable-add-ons=linuxthreads

I would really appreciate any patches, advice or therapy.

Jordan crouse