Still cannot compile the KERNEL!!!

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Still cannot compile the KERNEL!!!
From: Nicu Popovici <octavp@isratech.ro>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:21:38 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hello you all,

I have a problem. I've built a crosscompiler for MIPS on my intel
machine but until now I could not compile any mips kernel. I tried with
version from CVS site  and now I an trying with
linux-2.2.12.mips-src.01.04.tar.gz and I an running into errors from the
beggining.( are in the attached file )

I still succeded to compile a test.c file on my intel machine with my
crosscompiler and then to run the resulted file on the mips machine and
it worked.
When I tried with the g++ and with the test.cpp ( a simple class ) the
crosscompiler made a file but when I executed on the mips machine it
says
a.out error in loading shared libraries
undefined simbol : _deregister_frame_info

I hope that anyone will help me on that . I am running out of time .

Regards,
Nicu
n file included from /usr/src/atlas_linux/include/linux/timex.h:138,
                 from /usr/src/atlas_linux/include/linux/sched.h:14,
                                  from
/usr/src/atlas_linux/include/linux/mm.h:4,
                                                   from
/usr/src/atlas_linux/include/linux/slab.h:14,
                                                                    from
/usr/src/atlas_linux/include/linux/malloc.h:4,

     from /usr/src/atlas_linux/include/linux/proc_fs.h:5,

                      from init/main.c:23:

                      /usr/src/atlas_linux/include/asm/timex.h:36: warning:
implicit declaration of function `read_32bit_cp0_register'

                      /usr/src/atlas_linux/include/asm/timex.h:36: `CP0_COUNT'
undeclared (first use this function)

                      /usr/src/atlas_linux/include/asm/timex.h:36: (Each
undeclared identifier is reported only once

                      /usr/src/atlas_linux/include/asm/timex.h:36: for each
function it appears in.)

                      make: *** [init/main.o] Error 1