Re: Installing linux on Indy

To: "Joe Berens" <jberens@sgi.com>, <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: Installing linux on Indy
From: "Erik Aderstedt" <erik@ic.chalmers.se>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2000 10:46:00 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,

The portmapper isn't running on your system. I'm not an expert,
I just know that I got a lot of RPC-related errors due to
portmap not running.

If you are booting from a RedHat system please note that
due to some misconfiguration (at least in 6.1) portmap will
not be running after you've booted the system , even though
you may have installed it.

Finally, make sure that nfsd and mountd are both running on
your host.

/Erik
erik@ic.chalmers.se