[ANNOUNCE] glibc 2.2 (2.1.95) debian packages available

To: debian-mips@lists.debian.org, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] glibc 2.2 (2.1.95) debian packages available
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 12:18:02 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,
yesterday i managed to get glibc 2.2 debian source packages to compile
under mips - I used cvs gcc 20001007 and binutils of the same date
including 2 patches for gcc.

For glibc i used the default debian source package 2.1.95 + 2 patches
concerning dl-machine.h - One from the cvs and one from oss.sgi.com.

Packages are available at

ftp://ftp.rfc822.org/pub/local/debian-mips/glibc

It seems that the incompatibility problems i had with previous versions
concerning bash are gone. I am able to compile a 2.2 bash in the chroot
populated with the glibc 2.2 and 2.0 binarys ( And it also works ).

It seems there is a bug in bash concerning non-existance of /proc
which will cause my bash to segfault but mounting proc in the chroot
solves this.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-5201-669912
      "Write only memory - Oops. Time for my medication again ..."