Re: Installing Linux on an Indy

To: Budgester <>
Subject: Re: Installing Linux on an Indy
From: Alistair MacDonald <>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 23:40:11 +0100 (BST)
Cc: "Linux-Mips (E-mail)" <>

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Budgester wrote:
> I am trying to Install Linux on an INDY, but due to lack of knowledge and me
> being a bit of a newbie I am having problems.
> I have a i386 server setup and as much documentation as I can find,
> I am using the foobazco docs at the moment.
> Could anyone point me in the right direction to solve the following problem.
> Where do I find base.tar.gz ?

You can find the most recent versions of the code at:

There isn't a base.tar.gz in the 'simple' system any more. I found that
for a diskless Indy I could just extract all these packages into one
directory and then mount that. You'll need the most recent kernel from:

as well.

If you plan on running with this setup then you will probably want to
create a /tmp directory and a /var/log which appeared to be missing on