Re: Indigo2 setup

To: Dave Garnier <dgarnier@openport.com>
Subject: Re: Indigo2 setup
From: Klaus Naumann <spock@mgnet.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:28:19 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: SGI news group <linux-mips@oss.sgi.com>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Dave Garnier wrote:

> I just picked up an indigo2 with irix6.5 on it, but no install cd's.  Is
> it possible to install mips-linux with out the irix cd's?  I would like
> to wipe the drive clean, and I remember reading that you need the irix
> boot loader, is this still true?  Also is there a how-to, web site with
> an install guide, or FAQ ?

Hi,

I've written a pretty long and complete HOWTO for installing
Linux on an Indigo2.
You may read it at http://oss.sgi.com/mips/i2-howto.html .
If you have any suggestions or questions you can
join us on irc.openprojets.net / #mipslinux or mail me.

        HTH, Klaus

--
Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | (http://www.mgnet.de/) (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network