Re: Indigo2 setup

To: Dave Garnier <>
Subject: Re: Indigo2 setup
From: Klaus Naumann <>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 08:28:19 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: SGI news group <>
On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Dave Garnier wrote:

> I just picked up an indigo2 with irix6.5 on it, but no install cd's.  Is
> it possible to install mips-linux with out the irix cd's?  I would like
> to wipe the drive clean, and I remember reading that you need the irix
> boot loader, is this still true?  Also is there a how-to, web site with
> an install guide, or FAQ ?

I've written a pretty long and complete HOWTO for installing
Linux on an Indigo2.
You may read it at .
If you have any suggestions or questions you can
join us on / #mipslinux or mail me.

        HTH, Klaus

Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | ( (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network
Phone / FAX : ++49/177/7862964  | E-Mail: (
PGP Key     :