Re: CrossCompiler.

To: Steve Kranz <skranz@ridgerun.com>
Subject: Re: CrossCompiler.
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@chem.unr.edu>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 08:20:08 -0700
Cc: Nicu Popovici <octavp@isratech.ro>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 08:30:37AM -0600, Steve Kranz wrote:

> Try downloading the make-cross... package located at the
> following site:

>   "This is the "standard" toolchain. It may not be
>   perfect, but it at least builds a working kernel and
>   some userland packages. It will be updated as major

Unfortunately the standard toolchain itself is out of date. I would
recommend instead getting current CVS binutils and gcc, and patching
appropriately. With any luck we'll soon have a new standard toolchain.
make-cross, otoh, is still 100% useful; I use it all the time and it
works with arbitrary versions.

--
Keith M Wesolowski                      wesolows@chem.unr.edu
University of Nevada                    http://www.chem.unr.edu