RE: stable binutils, gcc, glibc ...

To: "Ralf Baechle" <>
Subject: RE: stable binutils, gcc, glibc ...
From: "Mike Klar" <>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 18:33:42 -0700
Cc: "Jay Carlson" <>, <>, <>
Ralf Baechle wrote:

> Have the other tools - in particular binutils and gcc actually
> been modified
> except maybe changing defaults?

binutils we use unmodified from the cross- SRPM on
egcs-1.0.3a did require a small patch, which Jay has at:
I've reworked it slightly to patch cleanly against the latest Linux-MIPS
egcs-1.0.3a release, but the server that's on is a bit whacked at the moment
(the patch conflict was pretty trivial, though...).

We actually did not change the compiler default from hard-float, to compile
soft-float, the flag -msoft-float still has to be used.  Jay's patch just
makes -msoft-float work (with glibc), at least that's my understanding.

Mike Klar