Re: delo 0.1 / Decstation Boot Loader

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, debian-mips@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: delo 0.1 / Decstation Boot Loader
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 20:03:37 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Sat, Oct 14, 2000 at 01:35:02PM +0200, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> Hi,
> i started to hack on a Decstation bootloader - It is currently
> not booting anything but i thought of letting you know.
>
> I put the stuff i already have at
>
> ftp://ftp.rfc822.org/pub/local/debian-mipsel/experimental
>
> And it is called "delo" - The Decstation Loader - It is loosly
> designed like "SILO" the Sparc Loader.

Update

delo 0.2 is up and running

I booted Debian GNU/Linux/Mips/Decstation multiple times on
my 5000/260 - delo is now able to read an ELF kernel from
the first partition on the disk, copy the sections to the
right locations and run it at e_entry.

The TODO list is getting shorter - Biggest problem i right now
see is crashes of the resulting kernel - But only when disabling
DEBUG output - I think there are some alignment issues.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-5201-669912
      "Write only memory - Oops. Time for my medication again ..."