Re: ld problem

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: ld problem
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 13:04:52 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hello,

> Which is probably the root of the evil - I assume at the point when it's
> crashing the new /etc/ld.so.conf file is still incomplete.  I don't have
> a theory what's causing that, sorry.

Do you think it could be something to do with the glibc-2.0.6-5lm?

or, what about ld.so?  I think I compiled v1.9.9

> Hmm...  Checkout your /etc/ld.so.conf file.  It should exist and contain
> a number of lines like:

I checked that before the origional post...ld.so.conf looks fine..

> A workaround which may try is the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable:
>   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`tr '\n' ':' </etc/ld.so.conf`

Before I origionally posted, I tried doing:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/bin
but this did the same thing...

I'll try the one you gave me soon

Thanks!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                     \|||/
                     (o o)
 |  Ian Chilton                              |
 |  E-Mail : ian@ichilton.co.uk              |