Re: modutils bug? 'if' clause executes incorrectly

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: modutils bug? 'if' clause executes incorrectly
From: Cort Dougan <cort@fsmlabs.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:32:42 -0600
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
} On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 10:43:17PM -0600, Cort Dougan wrote:
}
} > This is with GCC version egcs-2.90.29 980515 (egcs-1.0.3 release) and
} > binutils 2.8.1 (with BFD 2.8.1).
} >
} > The asm in this routine looks good and I can keep the code from failing by
} > removing the request_irq() and replacing it with something else that
} > doesn't call into the kernel.  I can't reproduce this in user-code or in
} > kernel code.
} >
} > Does anyone have any suggestions?  Perhaps a suggestion for modutils
} > version?
}
} I have an idea what's going wrong, maybe it's related to something that
} Brady Brown recently discovered.  Are the object files you are trying to
} load generated by the assembler?  If so, try to do a relocatable link
} on them with ld -r module-out.o module-in.o.

The small test case I have (bug.c) is being built through gcc and that does
shove the output through as.

I did a mips-linux-ld -r -o bug.re.o bug.o and I get the same incorrect
execution.