Re: glibc on MIPS ...

To: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Subject: Re: glibc on MIPS ...
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:12:44 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr, debian-mips@lists.debian.org
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 07:30:16PM -0700, Jun Sun wrote:

> Does anybody what is the status of glibc on MIPS?
>
> So far I have been using the glibc coming from linux-vr project.  It is
> v2.0.7.  Somehow the pthread does not appear to be working.
> pthread_create() returns EAGIN error, even though clone() system returns
> correct result.

2.0.7 is filling my mailfolders with obscure bug reports.  Seems like
nobody is bothering to keep it updated with any kind of bug fixes.

> I looked at the cvs tree on oss.sgi.com.  The glibc version is 2.0.6.
> What is the status of this version?

Cvs on oss should be equivalent to glibc-2.0.6-5lm.src.rpm which is the
version which I'm still recommending for now.  Don't use -6lm, it's
broken.

> I also heard about the debian-mips project.  What glibc is used here?

A pre-2.2 snapshot.  Not yet stable and requires a binutils snapshot to
build which also isn't yet stable.  But we're getting closer and things
are beginning to look promising.