Re: IRIS INDIGO & LINUX

To: Daniel Leeds <cosmos@hepcat.org>
Subject: Re: IRIS INDIGO & LINUX
From: Ian Chilton <ian@ichilton.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 19:00:41 +0100
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hello,

> you seriously consider that something worth smiling about?  Linux is
> pathetic, those ports are half ass.  And most of all, if you are buying
> SGI equipment to run Linux you are a sorry motherfucker.

uhm..I don't think there is any need for language like that!

This guy obviously wanted to run Linux on his SGI, so I answered his question.

If you don't want to run Linux on an SGI, then that is fine...you can use
IRIX...no problem...

But, if someone wants to run/port Linux, then that is his/her choice, so there
is no need for criticism....

Let me remind you that Linux is now a very popular operating system, but that
was brought about by a small group of hackers who were interested....

I happen to be activly working on the Linux/MIPS port, and have IRIX and Linux
on my Indy and that is my decision...so there is no need for you to go sending
mail like that...if you don't like it, don't use it and keep quiet!

Bye for Now,

Ian

                     \|||/
                     (o o)
 |  Ian Chilton                              |
 |  E-Mail : ian@ichilton.co.uk              |