Re: Decstation broken Was: CVS Update@oss.sgi.com: linux

To: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Subject: Re: Decstation broken Was: CVS Update@oss.sgi.com: linux
From: Klaus Naumann <spock@mgnet.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 22:00:46 +0200
Cc: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>, linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, "Maciej W . Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:40:02 Florian Lohoff wrote:
> Hi,
> since this commit my machines are all broken (5000/260, 5000/150
> and 5000/125) - They all hang in the "Calibrating delay loop ...".
>
> Reverting it let me boot the current kernels ...
>
> Maciej ?

BTW: What did you actually fix ? ntpdate still doesn't work
while ntpd seems to work ok.
But ntpdate would be a very good idea because ntpd doesn't handle
large offsets ...
And obviously the realtime clock of the Indigo2 doesn't work
correctly. So I was calling ntpdate at every bootup to get my
system in a usable state. Maciej, can you take a look at ntpdate
please ?

        TIA, Klaus

--
Full Name   : Klaus Naumann     | (http://www.mgnet.de/) (Germany)
Nickname    : Spock             | Org.: Mad Guys Network