Re: Getting started

To: "Keith M Wesolowski" <>
Subject: Re: Getting started
From: "Erik Aderstedt" <>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 07:05:09 +0200
Cc: <>
Keith M Wesolowski wrote:
> There are several distributions of varying non-production quality
> available. Start with the HOWTO at
> For some reason, my distro
> isn't included in that document even though I wrote a piece for it
> (Ralf?), so see also
> - note that 0.2b is out but already getting fairly old. I know for a
> fact that you can install it without Irix because that's what I did
> from day one.

I'd really like to try out your distribution (I want to use a diskless Indy
as an X terminal) but the latest version I can find at your FTP site is 0.2a
and there are messages all over the place saying "0.2a is broken, don't use
it!". What gives?

Erik Aderstedt
Chalmers University of Technology
Solid State Electronics Laboratory