HELP: XFree86 4.0.1 on Indy

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: HELP: XFree86 4.0.1 on Indy
From: smant@nlr.nl (Geert Albert Smant)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 17:34:44 +0200 (CDT)
Disclaimer: "The National Aerospace Laboratory NLR DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY FINANCIAL COMMITMENT derived from this message."
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hello Linux-MIPS users,

I installed the Hardhat 5.1 distribution on an Indy system
with 8-bit basic graphics.

The system boots without any problems and I also installed
the XFree86 4.0.1 binaries on the system, but when I start
the X-server by typing 'startx' the graphics console
blanks and a cursor appears on the top left corner of
the screen.

Does anybody know if the 8-bit graphics is supported
by the XFree86 4.0.1 server?

Thanks in advance,

Greetings,
Geert Albert

Geert Albert Smant                       /    email: smant@nlr.nl
National Aerospace Laboratory NLR, IC  (NLR)  phone: +31 527248418
Voorsterweg 31, 8316 PR Marknesse, NL    /    fax:   +31 527248210