Re: trap handler for unaligned memory read/write

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com, linux-mips@fnet.fr
Subject: Re: trap handler for unaligned memory read/write
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:31:24 -0700
Cc: dan@netx4.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
As usual, I am replying to my own question.  Maybe I was asking to soon
... :-)

I found some drivers offer an copy-only-tiny-buffer which will copy
small packets (for what purpose?).  Apparently after the copying the
misalignment disappears.  So MIPS, you just set a high copy_break_size
so that a copying always happens.

In fact this is what is done for other non-x86 architectures in tulip
drivers.

Jun