Re: CVS Update@oss.sgi.com: linux

To: ralf@oss.sgi.com (Ralf Baechle)
Subject: Re: CVS Update@oss.sgi.com: linux
From: Kanoj Sarcar <kanoj@google.engr.sgi.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 16:51:19 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com

> On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 04:36:29PM -0700, Kanoj Sarcar wrote:
>
> >     Compile fix: flush only L2 cache.
>
> That's wrong, sysmips(FLUSH_CACHE) is supposed to flush all caches.
>
>   Ralf

The act of flushing the L2 cache, should include flushing the L1
cache, whether done by software or processor provided primitives,
to guarantee the inclusion principle.

Notwithstanding, feel free to add in a call to flush_cache_l1()
(and I don't know whether you want to flush the i and d caches
both, or just one), making sure there are no compile breakages.
(the breakage that I fixed was due to the fact that there is no
__flush_cache_all for mips64).

Kanoj