Re: latest glibc from cvs fails to build

To: Guido Guenther <guido.guenther@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: latest glibc from cvs fails to build
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@chem.unr.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 14:12:49 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 10:21:33PM +0200, Guido Guenther wrote:

> when cross-building glibc from today's cvs with gcc 2.96 (20000828) I get
> the following error:
> dl-reloc.c:104:50: warning: pasting would not give a valid
> preprocessing token
> dl-reloc.c:112:50: warning: pasting would not give a valid
> preprocessing token
> In file included from dynamic-link.h:21,
>                  from dl-reloc.c:92:
> ../sysdeps/mips/dl-machine.h:542: too few arguments to function
> `_dl_lookup_versioned_symbol'
> ../sysdeps/mips/dl-machine.h:542: too few arguments to function
> `_dl_lookup_symbol'
>
> Does this look familiar to anyone? Otherwise I'll take a look at it
> later this week.

This one's easy - dl_lookup_versioned_symbol and dl_lookup_symbol have
had an argument added at the end of the list. It's a true/false value
indicating whether the lookup is explicit (1) or implicit (0). The
changelog describes it a bit more. So if you add the argument - I used
0, for fun, to the end of the four such calls in dl-machine.h, it will
build.

Unfortunately, there's another problem that looks less easy to fix. In
the link phase later on, __syscall_getdents64 will be undefined. I am
uncertain what needs to be done to fix this (anyone?).

--
Keith M Wesolowski                      wesolows@chem.unr.edu
University of Nevada                    http://www.chem.unr.edu