Re: [Install trouble]

To: Famille Chauvat <famille.chauvat@free.fr>
Subject: Re: [Install trouble]
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 21:03:04 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 07:16:38PM +0000, Famille Chauvat wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm working with an Indy station and the corresponding kernel.
> On the bootp() step, i got a message:
> >>>>>>>

> creating 100k of ramdisk space... done
> mounting /tmp from ramdisk... failed
>
> I can't recover from this.
> <<<<<<<

Probably this is a kernel with no ramdisk support ?  Ah wait - No -
You have booted the kernel with a read-only root - Which means - When
mounting /tmp i tries to write /etc/mtab which is read-only - Try
to append "rw" to your prom console boot line

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff          flo@rfc822.org                  +49-5201-669912
     "If you're not having fun right now, you're wasting your time."