Re: Binutils-2.10

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@ds2.pg.gda.pl>
Subject: Re: Binutils-2.10
From: Dan Aizenstros <dan@vcubed.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 18:24:10 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Thanks for the help.  I was able to build binutils-2.10 after
generating the headers as you described.

The reason I expect the patch to change generated files is
because the normal make does not generate them and the files
are included in the binutils-2.10.tar.bz2 file.  They are also
in CVS.  Why are generated files in CVS or the binary distribution
if you have to generate them?

I thought all I would have to do is a ./configure; make; make install
after I applied the patches.  Maybe you could add the need to generate
files on your binutils-2.10 web page.

Dan Aizenstros
Software Engineer
V3 Semiconductor Corp.