Re: Binutils-2.10

To: Dan Aizenstros <dan@vcubed.com>
Subject: Re: Binutils-2.10
From: Ulf Carlsson <ulfc@calypso.engr.sgi.com>
Date: 31 Jul 2000 09:34:44 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi Dan,

binutils-2.10 is known to work [or at least compile], but the patches
you use are broken in some way.  You could try to generate new files
as you suggested.  To generate new files you have to give the
--enable-maintainer-mode option to configure, and you need special
versions of some build tools.  The files will be generated when you
run make.

Here is the README-maintainer-mode that pretty much explains it:

                Notes on enabling maintainer mode

Note that if you configure with --enable-maintainer-mode, you will
need special versions of automake, autoconf, libtool and gettext. You
will find the sources for these in ftp://sourceware.cygnus.com/pub/binutils.

Ulf