Re: strace on Linux/MIPS?

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@oss.sgi.com>
Subject: Re: strace on Linux/MIPS?
From: Jun Sun <jsun@mvista.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 19:12:44 -0700
Cc: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@chem.unr.edu>, linux-mips@fnet.fr, linux@cthulhu.engr.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Ralf Baechle wrote:

> > > Ralf fixed some things in ptrace a few days
> > > ago.
> >
> > Great!  Can you pinpoint the related files?  I took a snapshot of CVS on
> > 6/27 and hacked heavily to get it work on my NEC board.  It would be
> > very difficult for me to move to the new kernel.  It would be better if
> > I can just reverse-merge with the related changes.
>
> arch/mips/kernel/scall_o32.S
> arch/mips/tools/offset.c
> arch/mips64/kernel/scall_64.S
> arch/mips64/kernel/scall_o32.S
> arch/mips64/tools/offset.c
>
>   Ralf

I just updated offset.c and scall_o32.S.  After a trial change ("nice"
-> "priority") in offset.c, strace seems to work fine now.

However, I did notice an error message for mmap(...).

mmap(ptrace: umoven: Input/output error
ptrace: umoven: Input/output error
)                                  = 717291520

Keith, if you want the patch for strace 4.2, I can send it to you.

Jun