Re: strace on Linux/MIPS?

To: Keith M Wesolowski <>
Subject: Re: strace on Linux/MIPS?
From: Jun Sun <>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:46:56 -0700
Keith M Wesolowski wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 04:05:08PM -0700, Jun Sun wrote:
> > Has anybody been successful in trying to get strace running on
> > Linux/MIPS?  I managed to get 4.2, with a little from CVS tree, compiled
> > and run.  However, it does not quite right.  It only prints the first
> > system. See below.  Verified that this is the same behavior on both
> > 2.3.99-pre3 and 2.4.0-test2.
> Your kernel is too old.

Wow, a couple days is "too old".  I guest that is Linux speed.

> Ralf fixed some things in ptrace a few days
> ago.

Great!  Can you pinpoint the related files?  I took a snapshot of CVS on
6/27 and hacked heavily to get it work on my NEC board.  It would be
very difficult for me to move to the new kernel.  It would be better if
I can just reverse-merge with the related changes.