Re: strace on Linux/MIPS?

To: Jun Sun <>
Subject: Re: strace on Linux/MIPS?
From: Keith M Wesolowski <>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:12:17 -0700
On Thu, Jul 27, 2000 at 04:05:08PM -0700, Jun Sun wrote:

> Has anybody been successful in trying to get strace running on
> Linux/MIPS?  I managed to get 4.2, with a little from CVS tree, compiled
> and run.  However, it does not quite right.  It only prints the first
> system. See below.  Verified that this is the same behavior on both
> 2.3.99-pre3 and 2.4.0-test2.

Your kernel is too old. Ralf fixed some things in ptrace a few days
ago. Also, I would be interested in hearing if you can get 4.2 to
work. I found that, even after adjusting several places for
__NR_Linux, it segfaulted. I do have 3.1 from CVS (with a
couple minor glibc 2.2 patches) working properly with a current

Keith M Wesolowski
University of Nevada
Chemistry Department Systems and Network Administrator