Linux on an O2

To: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Subject: Linux on an O2
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 15:28:25 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,

I found some other discussions on the 1998 mailling list archives about the possibility of Linux on O2. My question is would it be easier to achieve these days with the experience of using Indy's.

Could someone give advise in what would be nicer to work on.
Is an O2 a "no go" for porting linux to it or is there interrest.

I am in the process of buying an O2 although 2nd hand Indy's and Indigo2 are also come to mind. I am also willing to give shell access to people wanting to develop on a O2 if I do buy one.

Bye Seth