Re: Kernel boot tips.

To: Tor Arntsen <>
Subject: Re: Kernel boot tips.
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 00:53:15 +0200
On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 03:55:34PM +0200, Tor Arntsen wrote:

> This looks great. Just for fun I did a quick compile under irix 6.5.8 on
> an SGI Octane, dvhtool --print-all and dvhtool --print-all /dev/rdsk/dksXXXvh
> worked fine. --vh-to-unix failed with 'Short read: Error 0', I assume this
> simply isn't finished yet (or maybe it doesn't work under irix).

It was actually developed under with gcc under IRIX and I can't even remember
having tested it under anything else.

It's a while that I last worked on it but as I remember --vh-to-unix was
actually working while the other direction was work in progress.

Maybe some nroff fan also wants to provide a manpage?

> BTW it compiled fine with gcc as well as with the MIPSPro compiler (after
> replacing this little gcc'ism:)

Patch applied.