Re: Kernel boot tips.

To: Ralf Baechle <>
Subject: Re: Kernel boot tips.
From: "J. Scott Kasten" <>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 17:59:37 -0300

On Sun, 9 Jul 2000, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> I've finally commited my rewrite of dvhtool into the CVS archive on
> oss.  It's not yet complete but hackers may be interested in taking a
> look at it.
> One of my next projects will be a standalone libc which can be used to
> write reasonably portable standalone tools like a sash equivalent.

Cool.  We need those things.  The tips I gave are only a work around until
we have a regular boot loader/miniroot.  The one thing that does not
work well with my methods is getting command line args to the booting
kernel such as "root=/dev/sda3" etc...  You can do that, but have to stop
the auto boot and enter the prom command tool to do it.