Re: GDB question.

To: "J. Scott Kasten" <jsk@tetracon-eng.net>
Subject: Re: GDB question.
From: Keith M Wesolowski <wesolows@chem.unr.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 08:34:52 -0700
Cc: linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 09:52:09AM -0300, J. Scott Kasten wrote:

> I've noticed in the Hard Hat 5.1 and the Simple Linux distros that GDB is
> lacking.  Is there a reason for that?  This is not a complaint, but more
> an iquiry to find out if there's known problems before I go banging my
> head against the wall trying to build something that won't for some
> reason or the other.
>
> I'm presently using egcs-1.1.2, binutils 2.9.5, BFD 000425, and
> glibc-2.0.6 from Simple Linux 0.1 on an Indy.
>
> Would appreciate any tips/tricks/caveats beforehand.

There is gdb 5.0 in the experimental Simple 0.2a set. You can try it
at ftp://oss.sgi.com/pub/linux/mips/mips-linux/simple/userland-0.2a/.
Note that this is glibc 2.2 based and may be highly unstable.
Nevertheless, it's what I'm currently using and I can verify that gdb
works. You may also be able to build gdb 4.17 or so from CVS on your
glibc 2.0 system; I don't know.

--
Keith M Wesolowski                      wesolows@chem.unr.edu
University of Nevada                    http://www.chem.unr.edu