Re: Status reports?

Subject: Re: Status reports?
From: rob <current@hel-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:51:23 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-mips@oss.sgi.com
Hi,

        I've just been mostly lurking here on this list, but I thought I would
throw out an offer to help out (seeing as this might be one of the only
things I can do, not a big coder or anything).

        I own current.nu, CurrenTEK.com, and LinuXTC.com, and host several
GNU/GPL projects.  I'm about to bring the servers back up by the end of
the week (on a very slow line), and shopping around for a decent place
to colocate a box on some decent bandwidth (hopefully cheaper than the
$800/month I was getting raped for last year).

        Anyhow, Justin Stressman (aka Largo of WindowMaker theme and FAQ fame)
is pretty slick at html/php3/postgresql type web sites, and looking for
a few things to showcase his talents with.  I've worked with Justin for
a couple years, and he is very good.  He will be doing a remake for the
official WindowMaker site, re-launching his own Window Maker Unofficial
FAQ and theme site, and possibly working on the sourceforge.net soon.

        Justin want's to start his own web design studio, and has been taking
on some of these GNU pages just to showcase his talents so that he might
find some good paying work.  I can show you some very nice samples of
his work if you need to see them.  He can probably do something that
will allow you the ability to use a web interface to update "News" via a
php/sql online form secure with passwords, link to current versions for
downloads, etc...

        He will probably be willing to do it for a "Designed by.." line on the
bottom of the page, unless it's extremely time consuming.  Plus, the up
side is, he lives on IRC ;-) so working with him should be easy
considering that's where your talking about most of the news.

        And, once I get a server settled somewhere, I'd be happy to host the
site also if necessary.

        Just thought I would mention it.

        Rob C.

--